Manage On-Site Service team’s operation of gas, chemical, and other equipment, utilizing Matheson Tri-Gas and other resources as necessary to accomplish customer’s requirements in a timely manner. This position reports directly to the Manager of Field/Service/On-Site Service.
Dimensions: Site Technicians report directly to the Site Manager.
Work design: Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies. Develops procedures; recommends policies. Decisions involve translating the Division’s goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the local team to manage the safety/compliance performance, packaged gas sales, welding products and hard goods sales, cylinder production and distribution (if applicable), inventory, support on A/R and back office operations.
- Provides leadership to deliver a high level of personal and team safety performance and regulatory compliance.
- Leads the Safety Culture to a performance goal of zero accidents, zero incidents.
- Supports the direct sales and leads retail and inside sales efforts to deliver profitable growth of the Area business.
- Optimizes profitability of the Area business by actively managing controllable expenses, local inventory and development of continuous improvement projects to generate hard cost savings/profit improvement as a function of War on Waste.
- Develops area local sales strategies in support of Regional, Zone, and Division strategies; e.g. Hard goods, Private Label, Shielding Gases, Spec Gases, Etc…
- Supports sales representatives in customer activities, new business acquisition, contract negotiations and customer service requirements.
- Coordinates and manages communications in the site and between Area, Region and Zone Management.
- Reports area activity timely to MTG management.
- Accountable for reconciliation of cash, gas and hard good inventory, customer owned cylinder balances and if applicable gallons delivered vs. gallons sold.
- Shares accountability for collections results.
- Plans for succession and develops employees for advancement within the company.
- Participates in semi-annual inventories.
- Responsible for reconciliation of cash, gas and hardgoods inventory, customer owned cylinder balances and as appropriate propane (e.g. gallons delivered from vendor vs. gallons sold) as well as daily close out location procedures
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability