- Keeps working area clean and orderly, follows all company procedures and safety policies.
- Inspects manufacturing equipment on a daily basis to ensure the safe operation of the chemical process.
- Keeps leak detection equipment, if required, in good working order.
- Sets up and/or operates manufacturing process in accord with published Work Instructions. Changes reactants, operates valves, controls, and related items to obtain specified flow rates, temperatures and pressures.
- Fills finished product into cylinders or correlates filling with the Gas Filling Department.
- Performs general, preventative maintenance on gas or chemical manufacturing equipment.
- Notifies supervisor when maintenance of equipment requires greater expertise than he/she possesses.
- Recommends process and equipment changes as needed.
- Maintains daily inventory production records.
- Controls inventory of raw material.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by local plant management.
- Adheres to all quality assurance policies and standards.
- Recommends process changes to improve the quality/purity of the products manufactured.
- Performs scale and instrument calibration checks as required by Matheson’s quality system.
- Maintains run charts for performance of scales.
- Notifies Supervisor of quality assurance problems
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to perform mathematical exercises of moderate complexity.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability