Responsible for all aspects of package gas sales, hardgoods sales, local cylinder production, and local cylinder distribution and regional back office operations. Responsible for small bulk gas sales in collaboration with Region Bulk Sales Manager (as applicable).
Develop and manage the team to operate the business safely and profitably so MTG has zero accidents and above market growth in sales (net market share increase) and profit while building a sustainable business.
Lead customer facing activities to aggressively grow profitable sales across the regional business.
Select, develop and coach key managers as part of the Zone Management team as well as develop potential top-performers as future manager potentials.
Coordinate and collaborate with Marketing, SHE, Supply Chain and Operations teams on safe, efficient, and profitable operations in every aspect of the business. (Includes asset operation and management, identification of cost reduction programs, service improvement opportunities, and participation in key projects for the company and zones)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safety Compliance, training, awareness, coordination with SHE Department and Operations Teams - site specific plans and implementation responsibility through direct reports and their teams, performance management, leadership by example, establishment of Safety and number one priority and company value.
2. Management of Region Business - Responsibility as senior manager with P & L responsibility for Region Business: Leading and working with local management, sales, and operations teams as will as Corporate Functional teams on safe, efficient, profitable results from regional and sub-regional buinesses. Accelerated sales activities to profitably grow region businesses along the company business plans. Coordination of all customer facing activities and resources with operations teams.
3. Business Planning - development and execution of local buiness plans to include, budgeting (sales, expenses, investments, etc.), forecasting, growth strategies, improvement strategies, etc.
4. Company coordination -working with all coporate functions (Safety, Accounting, HR, Operations, IT, etc..) to further the successful buiness operation for VNG. Supporting the company plan, budget and programs in an active role.
5. Continuous Improvement - ongoing initiatives to improve efficiency, service, asset utilizaion and reduce total cost of supply chain in conjunction with Corporate Operations and local market teams.
6. Senior management team participation - support, input and execution of MTG Strategic Plan; development of business and human resources.
Secondary Duties (if Applicable): (Incumbent has indirect responsibility through direct reports for execution.)
Identification fo new acquisition and/or business extension opportunities. Support company initiatives: price initiatives, A/R strategy, Hardgoods Inventory Plans, etc.
Performance Indicators: (A non-comprehensive list of indicators which may be used for goal setting and/or performance evaluation.)
Safety record- leading and lagging indicators for area of responsibility
Region P & L - Financial performance measured in terms of Sales, Profitability, Assest Performance (hard and working capital) - attainment of plan
Strategic positioning of the Regional Businesses: market share, sustainability, market position
Development of succession plans and development of high potential performance performers
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
Sales and Management training, Product knowledge, coaching and managing large organizations.