Directs, monitors and coordinates safety, health, and environmental (SHE) and compliance for Matheson Tri-Gas (MTG) and companies regional locations.
1. Directs development and implements all SHE and compliance programs to ensure full compliance with corporate policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
2. Evaluates and assesses new and existing products to ensure no unreasonable risk to customers or MTG employees.
3. Conducts periodic reviews at MTG locations and recommends corrective actions to location management.
4. Manages potential safety impacts in a cost effective manner while adhering to regulatory requirements. Disseminates safety management information to all MTG regional locations.
5. Interfaces with regulatory development process directly and/or through various trade associations to effect reasonable health, safety and loss prevention laws and regulations.
6. Coordinates and participates in key negotiations with regulatory agencies.
7. Implements programs that reduce lost time accidents at MTG regional locations.
8. Develops and monitors health and safety programs to increase awareness in all areas of the workplace.
9. Manages progress of health and safety supervisors and regional personnel. Monitors progress towards goals, training of location personnel and reduction in Workers’ Compensation costs.
10. Integrates and disseminates corporate bulletins, policies, programs and provides necessary assistance to regional locations.
11. Develops and implements programs to reduce risks at each MTG regional location.
12. Develops and recommends programs to ensure that all regional locations are in compliance with MTG policies and procedures, and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
13. Develops, implements and manages the key elements of the Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Program (RMP) at required MTG regional locations.
14. Works on other duties and responsibilities as required.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Safety & Fire Protection Engineering or related technical discipline. Minimum five years safety management experience with industry or government, including minimum of two years in plant operations, including process or manufacturing with a direct involvement in safety & occupational health activities.