Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing merchandise and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Forklift Certificate
- Hazardous Materials training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to stand (e.g. labeling); walk (e.g. stocking shelves); use hands to finger, handle, or feel (e.g. checking merchandise, coding invoices); and talk or hear (e.g. customers, vendors, and other employees).
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms (e.g. stocking shelves, unpacking merchandise).
- The employee is occasionally required to sit (e.g. computer work); climb or balance (e.g. unloading trucks); and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (e.g. packing or inspecting merchandise).
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (e.g. welding helmet and other equipment), frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (e.g. small welders and cylinders), and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (e.g. larger equipment and cylinders).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (e.g. reading invoices, packing slips), distance vision, color vision (e.g. recognize cylinders), depth perception (e.g. driving forklift), and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts (e.g. welding equipment, forklift); high, precarious places (e.g. storage shelves); fumes or airborne particles (e.g. welding gases); and outside weather conditions (e.g. loading and unloading route truck).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- General knowledge of welding equipment, gases and invoices.
- General knowledge of computer programs such as Windows and AS400 functions.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability