Manages sales campaigns with the intent of either scheduling appointments for sales to improve sales productivity or by gaining business via direct quote/follow up. Assesses customer satisfaction with MTG products and services via conducting surveys and provides insights for addressing customer concerns. Works closely with SBU Sales Leaders, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Customer Service.
Back up Driver (as needed): Transportation of materials in a safe and timely manner by applying knowledge for commercial driving regulations, and roads in the area. The professional driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying loads to shipping papers, maintaining records of duty status according to State and Federal Regulations, and performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections. This position reports to the Site Manager or Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Place outbound calls with the prime purpose of scheduling appointments for sales with new or existing customers, notifying sales of committed appointment times and then following up with a courtesy call to determine customer satisfaction/needs.
- Provides quotes or completes the sale, if campaign appropriate to directly gain new business.
- Probes and identifies problematic situations/opportunities that could protect or yield new business for MTG and communicates the information to the appropriate function for follow up.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Manages requests for products, price and technical information.
- Assist in warehouse in shipping & receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Identifies sources of leads and manages the pre-qualification process in collaboration with sales and corporate marketing.
- Tracks result of outbound campaign efforts.
- Backs up inbound customer service, as needed.
- Transports cylinders to assigned internal and external customers in a timely and safety conscious manner. Stays within all posted speed limits and complies with all DOT and company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the vehicle. Maintains the vehicle in a clean and proper condition.
- Legibly completes driver log/trip reports on a daily basis.
- Responsible for accurate recording of cylinders/hard-goods transactions on customer delivery tickets and trip reports.
- Maintains good communications with supervisor and management especially safety and customer matters.
- Operates / Drives forklift truck as required for loading and unloading of product.
- Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of the company's Loss prevention policies and procedures. Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.
- Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability