JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
Support the fleet management process by ensuring and act as a liaison with all locations regarding administrative responsibilities for transportation systems.
- Participate in Matheson’s safety programs to help drive the safety culture across all locations.
- Manage the vehicle tracking, titling, registration, and renewal process to ensure uninterrupted utilization.
- Ensure proper use of the Comdata system to maximize financial benefit and manage fuel spend.
- Coordinate the flow of information to ensure appropriate IFTA tax credits.
- Responsible for ensuring annual equipment inspections and re-tests are completed.
- Helium, propane and CO2 trailer re-tests
- Crane inspections
- Manage compliance of contract maintenance program and on-road service provider to maintain assets in good working condition and obtain optimal asset utilization.
- Ensure compliance with Cerasis LTL freight system to minimize freight spend.
- Responsible for accurate month-end reporting for all Bulk locations.
- Act as a liaison for the DOT compliance program.
- Federal, state, and local regulatory agencies (FDA, OSHA, DOT, and WM).
- General knowledge of Distribution principles and delivery equipment. Industry standards organizations (CGA, GAWDA, JJ Keller)
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- An ability to manage / prioritize multiple ongoing activities and use action plans to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Takes initiative to work with local, regional, and corporate teams to achieve local and company wide goals.
Training, Education and Experience required
Prior Transportation or Logistics experience in a related field is a plus, but not required.
A college degree is preferred, but not required.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability