Responsible for the finished product output of the Quality Assurance Building, Environmental Lab; and Corrosive Lab located in New Johnsonville, TN. Output will be managed by working with the Facility Lab Manager, Production Supervisor and by managing building lab technicians by providing training, insuring equipment reliability, and improving laboratory through put. This manager is considered a key subject matter expert and interfaces with sales and product management as needed.
- Supports National Laboratory and Quality Assurance strategic plans by insuring the achievement of performance targets and strategic initiatives by meeting operational goals
- Establishes production priorities for calibration gas standard blending, and raw and finished material analysis for buildings
- Trains and supervises laboratory technicians to ensure adherence to all work instructions, procedures, and ensures that proper chromatography and methodology is used for analysis
- Directs the installation and commissioning of analytical equipment
- Directs method development and validation
- Works with Specialty Gas Product Management on costing and capabilities activities as appropriate
- Works with the Building Production Managers to reduce internal rejects through root cause analysis and implementation of improvement projects
- Other laboratory duties such as writing and updating work instructions; managing equipment maintenance plans and laboratory standards; participating in analytical round robins, ISO 17025 duties, and data collection and reporting
- Works with the LIMS and CRM systems for work order processing and generation of certificates of analysis
- Safety and compliance activities
- Works with US Laboratory Technical Director to improve analytical capabilities and develop new methods and capabilities
- Ensures that required laboratory documentation and data practices are in compliance with procedures and work instructions
- Troubleshoots analytical systems including chromatographic methods, detection systems, and communication systems between instrument and PC
- Ensures compliance with MOC and PCN procedures
- Provides technical support to customers and sales reps via phone and e-mail.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability