The position is located at the corporate office in Irving, TX, and reports to the Vice President of Transportation Operations.
Job Scope and Responsibilities
- Foster safe working environment and work with all Matheson companies to maintain safety standards in the field.
- Ensure all Matheson vehicles, trailers, and railcars comply with regulations published by the Department of Transportation
- Accountable for all driver DOT compliance to include hours of service, CSA BASICs, and drug and alcohol testing
- Responsible for vetting all carriers to ensure they meet the requirements of Matheson and the FMCSA
- Verify that all new hire drivers meet Matheson’s new hire qualifications
- Oversee driver and employee pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug testing process
- Oversee safety and compliance driver orientation (Driver University)
- Generate monthly Drivecam Scorecards and assign appropriate training via 3rd party training programs
- Actively participate in all driver accident, injury, and roadside inspection violation review calls
- Manage FMCSA portal to include annual update of MCS-150
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators to measure driver safety and compliance.
- Act as a subject matter expert to interpret and apply FMCSA rules and regulations to the business
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability