Complete the safe and efficient filling, storing, and maintaining of cylinder gases. This position is responsible for filling cylinders in a safe manner following all FDA procedures and safety requirements. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager or Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fills all gas cylinders, high and low pressure, and liquid containers in accordance with safety procedures, quality.
- Involves movement of cylinders as required in the plant. May be required to load and unload trucks.
- Completes all documentation and forms in compliance with company policy and FDA requirements during the fill process. Accurately and legibly ensures products are labeled properly, with current decals and lot numbers. Forms include daily production report, FDA log sheet, Label Verification form, Calibration form and Bulk log sheet.
- Tests all gases and documents results on compression log report accurately and legibly.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workplace through proper housekeeping procedures.
- Monitors and maintains sufficient stock to meet customer demand.
- Monitors inventory of empty cylinders prepared and ready for filling.
- May be required to maintain cylinders and repair filling equipment, such as pigtails, fill hoses, valves and safeties.
- Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of the company's loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Assures pertinent equipment is inspected and / or calibrated as required by New Johnsonville's preventative maintenance and quality system.
- Responsible for the annual reconditioning of ton units.
- Adheres to all quality assurance policies and standards.
- Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability