Responsible for the Safe, Efficient and Reliable operation of the Kapolei Air Separation Plant (ASP). The Assistant Plant Manager will assist the Plant Manager with all aspects of plant operations. This includes implementing and maintaining all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality programs; maintaining equipment utilizing preventive and corrective maintenance systems; minimizing unit cost by optimizing process efficiency and managing operating expenses. Responsibilities include, but are not inclusive of, the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate a strong focus on safety by attending meetings, maintaining work areas in a clean and organized state, identifying and eliminating hazards, etc.
- Adjust plant controls and monitor/manage process parameters and equipment status in order to meet product specifications and production requirements.
- Through training provided, obtain working knowledge of the air separation process and associated equipment.
- Assist with startups and shutdowns of the ASP in a safe and efficient manner as dictated by operating conditions and business needs.
- Prepare and review QA documents to certify product quality. Perform release of medical grade product per FDA regulations.
- Prepare and maintain production operations and distribution records to meet internal and external requirements.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment and maintain appropriate records.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant equipment as required.
- Scheduling and supervision of contractors.
- Assist the Plant Manager to achieve all production, efficiency, quality and budgetary targets.
- Identify and evaluate process/equipment problems and take corrective actions to resolve.
- Assist the Plant Manager in creating and maintaining local operating procedures to assure they are accurate and current.
- Assist the Plant Manager with the implementation and maintenance of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality systems in order to meet the requirements of internal and external policies and regulations.
- Optimize plant performance by tracking performance data and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Complete all training assignments on time.
- Share On-Call duties with other ASP personnel.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability