Will perform process modeling and calculations as required for projects. Position requires sound comprehensive knowledge of process design and engineering drawing, computer modeling and reading of drawings.
- Develop designs for complete and complex engineering systems, structures, and plant arrangements with minimum supervision.
- Process - PFD, P&ID, Charts and graphs from design data, etc
- Review design models, drawings and design documents for safety, quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion.
- Assure that designs are in accordance with company design standards.
- Apply analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and CAD.
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Determine how to manufacture products or deliver services with greatest efficiency
- Execute quality control processes to resolve problems in production cost-effectively
Will support Project Managers and other engineers in project activities including, but not limited to the following.
- Purchase of equipment, including preparation of bid packages, acquisition of quotations and bids, preparation of purchase order documents, tracking orders and processing the invoices.
- Project accounting. Will maintain the accounting records for multiples projects and prepare reports as needed. Will interface with the accounting department.
- Assist in the preparation and management of project schedules, Gantt charts, and departmental calendars.
- Prepare Bill of Materials (BOM) for projects under direction of project managers.
- Assist in the development of project cost estimates.
Will support technical and construction activities as required for project completion. These activities include, but not limited to the following.
- Conduct technical inspections of all components built for the project.
- Field verification of P&IDs and redlining/correction as required.
- Pressure testing of equipment and systems. Dry down of equipment and systems.
- Troubleshooting of systems and assisting in start-up activities.
- Development of operating procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of the Process Hazards Assessment as required during project planning.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the project is managed in a safe and professional manner and that it is undertaken in compliance with all relevant SHE requirements.
- Participate in small improvement projects (SIP) and The Right Way (TRW) projects.
Engineering Departmental Support:
Will support activities and projects to maintain efficient operation and continued improvement of the engineering department. These include, but not limited to the following.
- Evaluation of software packages for process, safety, document control or project management.
- Document management for the department.
- Preparation of technical white papers or other documents.
- Work with management, engineers, and customers to develop new standards for production
- Solve complex problems working with manufacturing staff, contractors, suppliers and customers;
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques;
- Plan and design new production processes;
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
- Work with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Must be proficient in technical writing.
- Must be proficient in organizational skills. Plan, organize, and coordinate own work.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability